Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
Mitch Haniger and Shohei Ohtani square off in a battle between top-10 sluggers when the Seattle Mariners (90-71) and the Los Angeles Angels (76-85) meet at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday. Haniger has 39 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Mariners (-180), while Ohtani ranks third in MLB play with 45 long balls this season for the underdog Angels (+155).
Seattle’s Tyler Anderson and Los Angeles’ Reid Detmers will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Los Angeles Angels.
- The Mariners have been chosen as favorites in 47 games this year and have walked away with the win 26 times (55.3%) in those games.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 80 of their 161 opportunities.
- The Mariners have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 694 (4.3 per game).
- Seattle has played as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 4-2 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (2-2 with a 4.50 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mariners, his 13th of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Athletics, when he tossed four innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- Anderson’s team has compiled a 7-5 record in his 12 starts.
- Anderson has started 12 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in six of them.
- The Angels have a 38-52 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.2% of those games).
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to go over the total 87 times this season for an 87-72-2 record against the over/under.
- The Angels have the No. 17 offense in baseball scoring 4.4 runs per game (716 total runs).
- Los Angeles has a 4-3 record from the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Angels are sending Detmers (1-3) to the mound to make his fifth start of the season. He is 1-3 with a 7.11 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 19 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, Aug. 21, the left-hander threw 3 2/3 innings against the Indians, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over Detmers’ four starts, his team is 1-3.
- Detmers’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of four contests.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!