Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
Chris Flexen will attempt to secure his 15th victory of the season when the Seattle Mariners (89-71) host the Los Angeles Angels (76-84) at T-Mobile Park on Saturday at 9:10 PM ET. The Mariners are favored in the matchup (-171) against the Angels (+147).
Seattle’s Flexen and Los Angeles’ Jhonathan Diaz will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Los Angeles Angels in which the Mariners are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mariners vs Angels Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Mariners have been chosen as favorites in 46 games this year and have walked away with the win 25 times (54.3%) in those games.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 79 of 160 chances this season.
- The Mariners have scored the 23rd-most runs in the league this season with 687 (4.3 per game).
- In five games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Seattle has a record of 3-2.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Flexen (14-6 with a 3.67 ERA and 124 strikeouts in 174 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mariners, his 31st of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Athletics, the right-hander threw five innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Flexen’s team is 21-9 over his 30 starts.
- Flexen’s starts hit the over on the run total 16 times in 30 games with a set total this season.
- The Angels have won 42.7% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (38-51).
- Los Angeles has played in 160 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 86 times (86-72-2).
- The Angels have the No. 17 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (710 total runs).
- Los Angeles was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and finished 4-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Angels will look to Diaz (1-0) to open the game and make his second start this season.
- In his last appearance — in relief on Sunday — the lefty tossed seven innings against the Mariners, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- His team has lost the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Diaz’s lone start with a total this season pushed.
Pick for Mariners vs. Angels
The Mariners are favored to win over the Angels based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.