Seattle Mariners vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for August 26, 2021
Mitch Haniger and Salvador Perez square off in a showdown of top-10 power hitters when the Seattle Mariners (69-58) and the Kansas City Royals (56-70) meet at 10:10 PM ET on Thursday. Haniger has 29 homers (sixth in the league) for the favored Mariners (-150), while Perez ranks third in MLB play with 34 long balls this season for the underdog Royals (+135).
Seattle has Yusei Kikuchi starting things off, and Kansas City counters Brad Keller.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Kansas City Royals in which the Mariners are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mariners vs Royals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||73%||27%|
|% of Stake||92%||8%|
- The Mariners have been victorous in 15, or 51.7%, of the 29 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 61 of their 127 opportunities.
- The Mariners rank 21st in the league with 533 total runs scored this season.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Seattle has a record of 3-1.
- When it comes to the total, the Mariners and their foes are 6-4 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kikuchi gets the start for the Mariners, his 24th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 4.22 ERA and 142 strikeouts in 132 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Saturday against the Astros, when he tossed 2 2/3 innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In Kikuchi’s 23 starts, his team is 12-11.
- Kikuchi has started 23 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 12 of them.
- The Royals are 36-53 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 40.4% of those games).
- In the 126 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Kansas City, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 54 times (54-64-8).
- The Royals are the 24th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.1 runs per game (520 total).
- Kansas City has a 6-3 record from the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Keller (8-12 with a 5.43 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 129 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Royals, his 26th of the season.
- The righty’s last time out was on Friday against the Cubs, when he tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Keller’s team is 10-15 in his 25 starts.
- Keller’s starts hit the over on the run total nine times in 25 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Mariners vs. Royals
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Mariners being favored to win over the Royals.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.