Seattle Mariners vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
J.P. Crawford leads the Seattle Mariners (74-62) into a contest with the Arizona Diamondbacks (45-92) after he collected four hits in an 8-5 win over the Diamondbacks. The Mariners are favored (-139) against the Diamondbacks (+120) in this outing, which starts at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday.
Seattle has Chris Flexen starting, and Arizona will send out Tyler Gilbert.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Arizona Diamondbacks in which the Mariners are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mariners vs Diamondbacks Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||85%||15%|
|% of Stake||59%||41%|
- The Mariners have been chosen as favorites in 35 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (51.4%) in those games.
- Seattle and their opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 136 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mariners have scored 572 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- Seattle has been favored in six of its past 10 games and won three of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Mariners and their foes are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Flexen gets the start for the Mariners, his 26th of the season. He is 11-5 with a 3.52 ERA and 99 strikeouts in 145 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Astros, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Flexen’s team has put together a 17-8 record in his 25 starts.
- Flexen’s starts went over the run total 13 times in 25 games with a set total this season.
- The Diamondbacks have been the underdog on the moneyline 117 total times this season. They’ve gone 34-83 in those games.
- Arizona has played in 137 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times (72-61-4).
- The Diamondbacks have the No. 22 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (577 total runs).
- Arizona went 2-7 over the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Diamondbacks are sending Gilbert (1-2) out to make his fifth start of the season. He is 1-2 with a 2.93 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 27 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Padres, when the lefty tossed five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Gilbert’s team has won two of his four starts.
- Gilbert has started four contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in two of them.
Pick for Mariners vs. Diamondbacks
An in-depth games analysis paired with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Mariners to win over the Diamondbacks.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!