Seattle Mariners vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
The Seattle Mariners (77-65) host the Arizona Diamondbacks (46-96) at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday at T-Mobile Park. The Mariners are favored (-187) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Diamondbacks (+160).
Yusei Kikuchi starts for Seattle while Arizona will counter with Tyler Gilbert.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Arizona Diamondbacks in which the Mariners are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mariners vs Diamondbacks Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||81%||19%|
|% of Stake||59%||41%|
- The Mariners have been favorites in 38 games this season and have come away with the win 20 times (52.6%) in those contests.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 71 of their 142 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 604 (4.3 per game).
- Seattle has been favored in five of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Mariners and their opponents are 8-2 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kikuchi (7-8) takes the mound first for the Mariners in his 27th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.32 ERA in 146 innings pitched, with 149 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Monday against the Astros, the lefty threw 1 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- In Kikuchi’s 26 starts, his team is 13-13.
- Kikuchi has started 26 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
- The Diamondbacks have won 35 of the 120 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (29.2%).
- Arizona has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 76 times this season for a 76-62-4 record against the over/under.
- The Diamondbacks score the 23rd-most runs in baseball (598 total, 4.2 per game).
- Arizona has a 2-6 record from the eight games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to go over the total eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gilbert gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his sixth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.12 ERA and 23 strikeouts through 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Mariners, when the lefty tossed seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Gilbert’s team has compiled a 2-3 record over his five starts.
- Gilbert has had five starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and three of those games finished over the total.
Pick for Mariners vs. Diamondbacks
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Mariners being favored to win over the Diamondbacks.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.