Seattle Mariners vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Tom Murphy leads the Seattle Mariners (77-64) into a matchup against the Arizona Diamondbacks (45-96) a game after he homered twice in a 5-4 win over the Diamondbacks. The Mariners are favored on the moneyline (-160) against the Diamondbacks (+140) in this outing, which starts at 9:10 PM ET on Saturday.
Chris Flexen starts for Seattle while Arizona will counter with Humberto Castellanos.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Mariners have come away with 20 wins in the 37 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 70 of their 141 opportunities.
- The Mariners have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 601 (4.3 per game).
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 contests, Seattle has a perfect record of 4-0.
- When it comes to the total, the Mariners and their opponents are 7-3 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mariners are sending Flexen (11-5) out for his 27th start of the season. He is 11-5 with a 3.56 ERA and 103 strikeouts through 151 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Diamondbacks, when he went six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Over Flexen’s 26 starts, his team is 18-8.
- Flexen’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 14 of 26 games.
- The Diamondbacks have won 34 of the 119 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (28.6%).
- Arizona has played in 141 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 75 times (75-62-4).
- The Diamondbacks are the 24th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.2 runs per game (591 total).
- Arizona was the moneyline underdog for eight of its last 10 games, and went 1-7 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Diamondbacks combined with their opponents to go over the total eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Diamondbacks are sending Castellanos (1-1) to the mound to make his fourth start of the season. He is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA and 17 strikeouts through 24 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Mariners, when the righty tossed 3 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Castellanos’ team is 2-1 in his three starts.
- Castellanos has had three starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in two of those games.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.