San Jose State vs. Utah State: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
The San Jose State Spartans (5-5, 0-0 MWC) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -4) — versus the Utah State Aggies (7-2, 0-0 MWC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 56.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
San Jose State stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Jose State
- San Jose State has gone 5-5-0 ATS this season.
- The Spartans are 2-2 against the spread when favored by 4 points or more this season.
- San Jose State has hit the over in five of its 10 games with a set total (50%).
- San Jose State and its opponents have combined to score more than 56 points in a game just twice this season.
- The Spartans have seen a 51.8 average over/under in their games this season, 4.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Spartans rack up 64.3 fewer yards per game (360.9) than the Aggies allow per matchup (425.2).
- San Jose State is 2-1 overall when the team totals more than 425.2 yards.
- The Spartans have turned the ball over six more times (19 total) than the Aggies have forced a turnover (13) this season.
|Pass yards||223.8 (2238)||75|
|Rush yards||137.1 (1371)||91|
|Points scored||21.4 (214)||97|
|Pass yards against||222.2 (2222)||53|
|Rush yards against||133.7 (1337)||44|
|Points allowed||23.0 (230)||48|
Key players for San Jose State
- Nick Starkel has 1,247 passing yards (124.7 ypg) to lead San Jose State, completing 50.8% of his passes and collecting nine touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Tyler Nevens, has carried the ball 145 times for 699 yards (69.9 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- Derrick Deese, Jr.’s team-leading 677 receiving yards (67.7 yards per game) have come on 42 receptions with four touchdowns.
Utah State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Utah State
- So far this year, Utah State has compiled a 6-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Aggies have a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- Three of Utah State’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
- There have been three Utah State games that have ended with a combined score higher than 56 points this season.
- Aggies’ games have a total points bet of 63.2 points this season, 7.2 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Aggies rack up 119.0 more yards per game (474.9) than the Spartans give up per contest (355.9).
- When Utah State totals more than 355.9 yards, the team is 6-1.
- The Aggies have turned the ball over 14 times this season, five more turnovers than the Spartans have forced (9).
|Pass yards||321.0 (2889)||12|
|Rush yards||153.9 (1385)||74|
|Points scored||31.8 (286)||39|
|Pass yards against||259.8 (2338)||106|
|Rush yards against||165.4 (1489)||85|
|Points allowed||27.2 (245)||73|
Key players for Utah State
- Logan Bonner has 2,486 passing yards (276.2 ypg) to lead Utah State, completing 61.3% of his passes and recording 21 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Calvin Tyler Jr., has carried the ball 104 times for 516 yards (57.3 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Deven Thompkins’ 1,314 receiving yards (146.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 72 receptions with eight touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.