San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Trent Grisham will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the San Diego Padres (74-69) take on the San Francisco Giants (94-50) on Tuesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Padres are underdogs (+139) to the Giants (-162).
San Francisco’s Anthony DeSclafani and San Diego’s Jake Arrieta will start this matchup.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and San Diego Padres in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Padres Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||96%||4%|
- The Giants have been victorous in 61, or 72.6%, of the 84 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Giants have scored 712 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- San Francisco has been favored six times over their past 10 contests and won all of those games.
- When it comes to the total, the Giants and their foes are 6-4 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- DeSclafani (11-6) gets the starting nod for the Giants in his 28th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.33 ERA in 146 innings pitched, with 137 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday against the Rockies, the right-hander threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In DeSclafani’s 27 starts, his team is 18-9.
- DeSclafani’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 12 of 27 contests.
- The Padres have won 27.6% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (8-21).
- San Diego has played in 143 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 74 times (74-65-4).
- The Padres score the 15th-most runs in baseball (646 total, 4.5 per game).
- In the last 10 games, San Diego was the moneyline underdog four times, but fell in each matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Arrieta (0-1) pitches first for the Padres to make his third start this season.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday, Sept. 4 against the Astros, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Arrieta’s three starts have all been losses for his team this season.
- Arrieta has started three games with a set total this season. His team has fallen short of the total in each of them.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||111||.283||.361||.629||38||90||115|
Pick for Giants vs. Padres
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Giants being favored to win over the Padres.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.