San Francisco Giants vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
The San Francisco Giants (106-55) host the San Diego Padres (79-82) at 3:05 PM ET on Sunday at Oracle Park. The Giants are favored (-180) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Padres (+155).
San Francisco has Logan Webb starting things off, while San Diego counters Reiss Knehr.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Giants vs Padres Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||45%||55%|
- The Giants have been victorous in 71, or 72.4%, of the 98 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 73 of their 161 opportunities.
- The Giants have scored 793 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a record of 7-2.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Giants and their foes are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Giants are sending Webb (10-3) to the mound for his 26th start of the season. He is 10-3 with a 2.87 ERA and 150 strikeouts over 141 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, the right-hander threw five innings, giving up no earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Webb’s team has a 20-5 record in his 25 starts.
- Webb has started 25 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Padres have won 25.6% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (11-32).
- San Diego has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 85 times this season for an 85-72-4 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have the No. 14 offense in baseball scoring 4.5 runs per game (725 total runs).
- San Diego has a 2-6 record from the eight games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Knehr gets the start for the Padres, his fifth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA and 18 strikeouts over 26 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance — out of the bullpen on Wednesday — the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings against the Dodgers while surrendering one hit.
- Knehr’s team has a 3-1 record in his starts this season.
- Knehr’s starts hit the over on the run total two times in four games with a set total this season.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||129||.284||.366||.615||42||97||135|
Pick for Giants vs. Padres
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Padres being favored to win over the Giants.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!