San Francisco Giants vs. New York Mets: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Pete Alonso sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his New York Mets (59-60) take on the San Francisco Giants (78-42) on Wednesday at 3:45 PM ET. The Mets are the underdog (+128) in this matchup with the Giants (-150). San Francisco’s Anthony DeSclafani and New York’s Tylor Megill pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs New York Mets
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and New York Mets in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors to claim victory.
Giants vs Mets Moneyline Action
- The Giants have been victorous in 50, or 71.4%, of the 70 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 56 of their 120 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking eighth with 592 total runs this season.
- San Francisco has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 7-1 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- DeSclafani (11-5 with a 3.29 ERA and 122 strikeouts in 131 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Giants, his 24th of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Rockies, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- DeSclafani’s team has put together an 18-8 record in his 26 starts.
- DeSclafani’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 14 of 26 contests.
- The Mets have put together an 18-31 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 36.7% of those games).
- In the 119 games bookmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 50 times (50-63-6).
- The Mets score the third-fewest runs in baseball (450 total, 3.8 per game).
- Over the last 10 games, New York was the moneyline underdog seven times, but fell in each matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Megill gets the start for the Mets, his 11th of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.42 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 50 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Friday against the Dodgers, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Megill’s team has won six of his 10 starts.
- Megill’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of 10 contests.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.