San Francisco Giants vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for September 2, 2021
Luis Urias will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his Milwaukee Brewers (82-52) take on the San Francisco Giants (84-49) on Thursday at 3:45 PM ET. The Brewers are underdogs (+153) to the Giants (-179).
San Francisco has Logan Webb starting, and Milwaukee counters Eric Lauer.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Milwaukee Brewers in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Brewers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||73%||27%|
- The Giants have been favorites in 77 games this season and have come away with the win 54 times (70.1%) in those contests.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 59 of their 133 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 632 total runs this season.
- San Francisco has competed as the favorite in four of its past 10 games and has gone 3-1 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Giants and their foes are 2-7-1 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Webb (8-3) takes the mound first for the Giants in his 20th start of the season. He has a 2.65 ERA in 105 1/3 innings pitched, with 111 strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out was on Saturday against the Braves, when he threw seven scoreless innings while allowing five hits.
- Over Webb’s 19 starts, his team is 15-4.
- Webb’s starts hit the over on the run total five times in 19 games with a set total this season.
- The Brewers have won 18 of the 30 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (60%).
- Milwaukee has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times this season for a 59-65-10 record against the over/under.
- The Brewers are the 10th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.6 runs per game (620 total).
- In the last 10 games, Milwaukee has been listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers just twice, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Brewers and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lauer (4-5) gets the starting nod for the Brewers in his 15th start of the season. He has a 3.39 ERA in 82 1/3 innings pitched, with 82 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Saturday against the Twins, the left-hander went 4 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Lauer’s team has won seven of his 14 starts.
- Lauer’s starts went over the run total six times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Giants vs. Brewers
An in-depth statistical analysis paired with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Giants to win over the Brewers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!