San Francisco Giants vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for September 1, 2021
Luis Urias sits at 98 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when the Milwaukee Brewers (81-52) play the San Francisco Giants (84-48) on Wednesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Brewers are the underdog (+156) in this contest against the Giants (-182).
San Francisco’s Kevin Gausman and Milwaukee’s Brett Anderson pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Milwaukee Brewers in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Brewers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||75%||25%|
|% of Stake||97%||3%|
- The Giants have won in 54, or 71.1%, of the 76 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with San Francisco have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 59 of 132 chances this season.
- The Giants have scored 630 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 contests, San Francisco has a perfect record of 4-0.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gausman (12-5) gets the starting nod for the Giants in his 27th start of the season. He’s put together a 2.49 ERA in 152 innings pitched, with 176 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Braves, the right-hander tossed six innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Gausman’s team has a 17-9 record in his starts this season.
- Gausman’s starts went over the run total 15 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
- The Brewers have won 17 of the 29 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (58.6%).
- Milwaukee has played in 133 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-64-10).
- The Brewers have the No. 11 offense in baseball scoring 4.6 runs per game (615 total runs).
- Over the last 10 games, Milwaukee was named the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers just one time, a game it lost.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Brewers and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (4-8 with a 4.27 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 86 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Brewers, his 21st of the season.
- The lefty’s last appearance was on Thursday against the Reds, when he tossed four innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Over Anderson’s 20 starts, his team is 9-11.
- Anderson has had 20 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games hit the over.
Pick for Giants vs. Brewers
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Giants to win over the Brewers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!