San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers: NLDS Game 5 Best Odds and Preview for October 14, 2021
The Los Angeles Dodgers (106-56) are underdogs (-108) as they try to finish off a sweep of a one-game series against the San Francisco Giants (107-55) (-109). The series finale starts at 9:07 PM ET on Thursday.
San Francisco’s Logan Webb and Los Angeles’ Julio Urias pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers in which the Dodgers are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Giants have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Giants vs Dodgers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||48%||52%|
|% of Stake||10%||90%|
- The Giants have been chosen as favorites in 99 games this year and have walked away with the win 72 times (72.7%) in those games.
- San Francisco and their opponents have hit the over in 74 of their 162 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants have scored 804 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- San Francisco has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 8-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Webb gets the start for the Giants, his 27th of the season. He is 11-3 with a 2.97 ERA and 158 strikeouts over 148 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Dodgers, the righty threw 7 2/3 scoreless innings while surrendering five hits.
- Webb’s team has compiled a 21-5 record over his 26 starts.
- Webb has started 26 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
- The Dodgers have yet to win a game they were the moneyline underdog this season, going .
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 162 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 69 of those games (69-82-11).
- The Dodgers have the No. 4 offense in MLB play scoring 5.1 runs per game (830 total runs).
- In the last 10 games, Los Angeles has not been listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Dodgers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Dodgers are sending Urias (20-3) to the mound for his 33rd start of the season. He is 20-3 with a 2.96 ERA and 195 strikeouts in 185 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last time out was on Sunday against the Giants, when he went five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Urías’ team is 26-6 in his 32 starts.
- Urías has had 32 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 16 of those outings hit the over.
Pick for Giants vs. Dodgers
The Dodgers are favored to win over the Giants based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.