San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Colorado Rockies (63-76) will attempt to break a three-game home losing streak when they play the San Francisco Giants (89-50) on Wednesday at 3:10 PM ET. The Rockies are not expected (+115) to end the streak when they take on the favored Giants (-135).
San Francisco has Anthony DeSclafani set to start, and Colorado counters Jon Gray.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Colorado Rockies.
- The Giants have been chosen as favorites in 80 games this year and have walked away with the win 57 times (71.2%) in those games.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 62 of their 139 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 669 total runs this season.
- San Francisco has been favored in four of its past 10 games and won three of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Giants and their opponents are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- DeSclafani gets the start for the Giants, his 27th of the season. He is 11-6 with a 3.24 ERA and 132 strikeouts in 141 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Dodgers, when the righty went six scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- Over DeSclafani’s 26 starts, his team is 17-9.
- DeSclafani’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
- The Rockies have compiled a 37-64 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 36.6% of those games).
- Colorado has had an over/under set by bookmakers 139 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 59 of those games (59-77-3).
- The Rockies score the 11th-most runs in baseball (634 total, 4.6 per game).
- Colorado went 3-4 over the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rockies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray makes the start for the Rockies, his 25th of the season. He is 7-10 with a 4.20 ERA and 125 strikeouts through 126 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Sunday, Aug. 29 against the Dodgers, the right-hander threw two innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Gray’s team has a 9-15 record in his starts this season.
- Gray has had 24 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 10 of those games hit the over.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.