San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Thairo Estrada leads the San Francisco Giants (88-50) into a contest with the Colorado Rockies (63-75) after his two-home run showing in a 10-5 win over the Rockies. The Giants are moneyline favorites (-176) for this game against the underdog Rockies (+157), which starts at 8:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
San Francisco has Logan Webb starting things off, and Colorado counters Chi Chi Gonzalez.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Colorado Rockies in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Rockies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||76%||24%|
|% of Stake||92%||8%|
- The Giants have won in 56, or 70.9%, of the 79 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with San Francisco have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 61 of 138 chances this season.
- The Giants have scored 647 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- San Francisco has been favored in three of its past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Giants and their opponents are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Giants will send Webb (8-3) to make his 21st start of the season. He is 8-3 with a 2.56 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 112 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Thursday against the Brewers, when the right-hander went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- In Webb’s 20 starts, his team is 16-4.
- Webb’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in five of 20 contests.
- The Rockies have won 37 of the 100 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (37%).
- In the 138 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Colorado, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 58 times (58-77-3).
- The Rockies score the 13th-most runs in baseball (626 total, 4.6 per game).
- Colorado went 3-4 across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Rockies and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gonzalez makes the start for the Rockies, his 18th of the season. He is 3-6 with a 6.13 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 98 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the righty threw 3 2/3 innings against the Braves, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- González’s team is 6-11 over his 17 starts.
- González’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 10 of 17 games.
Pick for Giants vs. Rockies
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth games analysis favors the Giants to win over the Rockies.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!