San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Buster Posey is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his San Francisco Giants (87-50) ready for a matchup against the Colorado Rockies (63-74) on Monday at 4:10 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-176) over the Rockies (+150).
San Francisco’s Kevin Gausman and Colorado’s Kyle Freeland pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Colorado Rockies in which the Giants are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Rockies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||71%||29%|
|% of Stake||60%||40%|
- The Giants have been chosen as favorites in 78 games this year and have walked away with the win 55 times (70.5%) in those games.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 60 of their 137 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 641 total runs this season.
- San Francisco has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and split those games 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gausman gets the start for the Giants, his 28th of the season. He is 12-5 with a 2.52 ERA and 183 strikeouts through 157 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Thursday against the Brewers, when the right-hander tossed five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In Gausman’s 27 starts, his team is 17-10.
- Gausman has had 27 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings hit the over.
- The Rockies have won 37.4% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (37-62).
- Colorado has played in 137 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-77-3).
- The Rockies have the No. 12 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (626 total runs).
- Colorado was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rockies and their opponents combined to go over the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Freeland (5-6 with a 4.22 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 91 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rockies, his 19th of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the lefty threw one inning against the Rangers, giving up one earned run without surrendering a hit.
- Freeland’s team has a 10-8 record in his starts this season.
- Freeland’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in five of 18 games.
Pick for Giants vs. Rockies
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Giants to win over the Rockies.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.