San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Logan Webb’s San Francisco Giants (92-50) are moneyline favorites (-218) against the Chicago Cubs (65-78) (+181) on Sunday as he tries to collect his 10th victory of the season. The contest begins at 2:20 PM ET.
San Francisco’s Webb starts against Chicago’s Justin Steele.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Giants vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||33%||67%|
|% of Stake||54%||46%|
- The Giants have been chosen as favorites in 83 games this year and have walked away with the win 60 times (72.3%) in those games.
- Contests with San Francisco have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 63 of 142 chances this season.
- The Giants are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking eighth with 697 total runs this season.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a record of 6-1.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Webb (9-3) is looking for his 10th win when he takes the mound first for the Giants in his 22nd start of the season. He has a 2.64 ERA in 119 1/3 innings pitched, with 127 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Rockies, when he threw seven innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- Webb’s team is 17-4 in his 21 starts.
- Webb has started 21 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
- The Cubs are 27-54 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 33.3% of those games).
- Chicago has played in 143 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-73-7).
- The Cubs are the 21st-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (611 total).
- Chicago was the underdog on the moneyline in six of its last 10 games, and finished 3-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Cubs combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Steele makes the start for the Cubs, his sixth of the season. He is 3-2 with a 3.75 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 36 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Monday, the lefty threw five innings against the Reds, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Steele’s team has won two of his five starts.
- Steele’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of five games.
Pick for Giants vs. Cubs
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Giants being favored to win over the Cubs.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.