San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Sportsbooks give the San Francisco Giants (91-50) the edge (-205 moneyline odds) to prolong their five-game win streak when they square off against the Chicago Cubs (65-77) (+173 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 2:20 PM ET.
San Francisco’s Kevin Gausman gets the start against Chicago’s Zach Davies.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Chicago Cubs in which the Cubs are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Giants have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Giants vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||84%||16%|
|% of Stake||28%||72%|
- The Giants have been favorites in 82 games this season and have come away with the win 59 times (72%) in those contests.
- Contests with San Francisco have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 62 of 141 chances this season.
- The Giants have scored 682 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a record of 5-1.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gausman gets the start for the Giants, his 29th of the season. He is 13-5 with a 2.58 ERA and 192 strikeouts through 164 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Monday against the Rockies, when he threw seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Gausman’s team has an 18-10 record in his starts this season.
- Gausman has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 16 of those outings.
- The Cubs have won 33.8% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (27-53).
- Chicago has had an over/under set by bookmakers 142 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 62 of those games (62-73-7).
- The Cubs are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (607 total).
- Chicago has a 4-2 record from the six games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Cubs are sending Davies (6-10) out for his 30th start of the season. He is 6-10 with a 5.16 ERA and 108 strikeouts over 139 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Pirates, when the right-hander went four innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Over Davies’ 29 starts, his team is 14-15.
- Davies’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 14 of 29 games.
Pick for Giants vs. Cubs
Our in-depth games analysis paired with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Cubs to win over the Giants.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!