San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The San Francisco Giants (90-50) will aim to keep a four-game winning streak alive when they visit the Chicago Cubs (65-76) on Friday at 2:20 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-158) to prolong the streak when they square off against the underdog Cubs (+138).
San Francisco’s Dominic Leone gets the start against Chicago’s Kyle Hendricks.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Chicago Cubs in which the Giants are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Giants vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||86%||14%|
|% of Stake||76%||24%|
- The Giants have been victorous in 58, or 71.6%, of the 81 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Giants have scored 676 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- In five games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a record of 4-1.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Giants and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Leone (3-3) takes the mound first for the Giants to make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Monday, when he threw one scoreless inning against the Rockies without surrendering a hit.
- His team won the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Leone’s lone start with a total this season went over.
- The Cubs have been the moneyline underdog 79 total times this season. They’ve gone 27-52 in those games.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times this season for a 62-72-7 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs are the 20th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.3 runs per game (606 total).
- Chicago played as the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and finished 4-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Hendricks (14-6) gets the starting nod for the Cubs in his 29th start of the season. He has a 4.65 ERA in 160 2/3 innings pitched, with 118 strikeouts.
- His last time out was on Saturday against the Pirates, when the right-hander threw 4 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In Hendricks’ 28 starts, his team is 17-11.
- Hendricks has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 17 of those outings.
Pick for Giants vs. Cubs
An in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Giants to win over the Cubs.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.