San Francisco Giants vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
The San Francisco Giants (102-54) will look to keep a three-game winning streak alive when they host the Arizona Diamondbacks (50-106) on Wednesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-282) to extend the streak when they square off against the underdog Diamondbacks (+232).
San Francisco’s Alex Wood and Arizona’s Merrill Kelly will take the mound first.
Best Odds for San Francisco Giants vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Giants have won in 67, or 72%, of the 93 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in 71 of their 156 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 776.
- San Francisco has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 5-3 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Giants and their opponents are 5-5 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wood (10-4) gets the starting nod for the Giants in his 26th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.00 ERA in 132 2/3 innings pitched, with 146 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Rockies, when the lefty tossed four innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- Wood’s team has an 18-7 record in his starts this season.
- Wood’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 25 contests.
|LaMonte Wade Jr||102||.259||.332||.498||18||53||83|
- The Diamondbacks have won 29.1% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (39-95).
- Arizona has played in 156 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 84 times (84-67-5).
- The Diamondbacks score the 25th-most runs in baseball (648 total, 4.2 per game).
- Arizona has a 3-7 record from the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kelly (7-11) gets the starting nod for the Diamondbacks in his 27th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.59 ERA in 153 innings pitched, with 126 strikeouts.
- The righty last appeared on Thursday against the Braves, when he went six innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Kelly’s team is 10-16 over his 26 starts.
- Kelly has had 26 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 13 of those matchups.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.