San Francisco 49ers vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The San Francisco 49ers (1-0) are favored by 3.5 points against the Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) on September 19, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 50.
Best odds for 49ers vs. Eagles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles in which the 49ers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
49ers Vs. Eagles Spread Betting Action
San Francisco stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Francisco
- San Francisco went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The 49ers covered the spread once last season (1-4 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Last season, eight of San Francisco’s games hit the over.
|Pass yards||270.0 (4320)||10|
|Rush yards||118.1 (1889)||15|
|Points scored||23.5 (376)||21|
|Pass yards against||220.4 (3526)||4|
|Rush yards against||106.4 (1703)||7|
|Points allowed||24.4 (390)||17|
Key players for San Francisco
- Jimmy Garoppolo’s previous season stat line featured 1,096 passing yards (137.0 yards per game) while going 94-for-140 (67.1% completion percentage) with seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Last year, JaMycal Hasty churned out 148 rushing yards (18.5 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Brandon Aiyuk racked up 77 yards on six carries (5.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns last season. He was also successful in the air catching 60 passes for 748 yards (53.4 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- George Kittle amassed 634 yards on 48 grabs with two touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times and averaged 63.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- Deebo Samuel’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 391 yards, 33 catches, one touchdown, and 32.6 yards per game (on 44 targets).
San Francisco injuries
49ers: George Kittle: Out (Knee), Dee Ford: Questionable (Neck), Jason Verrett: Out (Hamstring)
Philadelphia stats and betting info
Betting trends for Philadelphia
- Philadelphia covered six times in 16 games with a spread last year.
- The Eagles had an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs last year.
- Philadelphia and its opponents combined to go over the point total seven out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||233.0 (3728)||26|
|Rush yards||126.7 (2027)||9|
|Points scored||20.9 (334)||26|
|Pass yards against||257.6 (4122)||18|
|Rush yards against||125.8 (2012)||23|
|Points allowed||26.1 (418)||20|
Key players for Philadelphia
- Gardner Minshew completed 66.1% of his passes to throw for 2,259 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
- Miles Sanders racked up six rushing touchdowns on 54.2 yards per game last season.
- Last season Boston Scott rushed for 23.4 yards per game. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Dallas Goedert averaged 43.7 receiving yards and collected three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Greg Ward grabbed six touchdowns and had 419 receiving yards (26.2 ypg) in 2020.
- Jalen Reagor averaged 33.0 receiving yards per game on 4.5 targets per game a season ago.
Eagles: Alshon Jeffery: Out (Foot), Derek Barnett: Questionable (Hamstring), Brandon Graham: Questionable (Concussion)
Pick for 49ers vs. Eagles
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth statistical analysis favors the 49ers to cover the spread against the Eagles.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.