San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The San Francisco 49ers (0-0) are considered favorites (-7.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Detroit Lions (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 45.
Best odds for 49ers vs. Lions
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions in which the 49ers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
49ers Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
San Francisco stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Francisco
- San Francisco compiled a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- The 49ers did not cover the spread last season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Last season, eight of San Francisco’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||270.0 (4320)||10|
|Rush yards||118.1 (1889)||15|
|Points scored||23.5 (376)||21|
|Pass yards against||220.4 (3526)||4|
|Rush yards against||106.4 (1703)||7|
|Points allowed||24.4 (390)||17|
Key players for San Francisco
- Jimmy Garoppolo had a passing stat line last year of 1,096 passing yards with a 67.1% completion rate (94-of-140), seven touchdowns, five interceptions, and an average of 137.0 yards per game.
- Last year, Raheem Mostert churned out 521 rushing yards (52.1 yards per game) and two touchdowns. In the receiving game, he made 16 catches for 156 yards (15.6 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- JaMycal Hasty ran for 148 yards on 39 carries (18.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown last year.
- In the previous season, Brandon Aiyuk picked up 60 receptions for 748 yards and five touchdowns. He was targeted 96 times and he averaged 53.4 yards per game.
- George Kittle amassed 634 yards on 48 grabs with two touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times and averaged 63.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- Deebo Samuel’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 391 yards, 33 catches, one touchdown, and 32.6 yards per game (on 44 targets).
San Francisco injuries
49ers: Jason Verrett: Out (Hamstring), Brandon Aiyuk: Questionable (Hamstring), Ben Garland: Questionable (Ankle), Deebo Samuel: Out (Foot)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit won seven games against the spread last year, while failing to cover nine times.
- The Lions covered the spread once when an underdog by 7.5 points or more last year (in three opportunities).
- A total of 10 of Detroit’s games last year went over the point total.
|Pass yards||274.8 (4397)||8|
|Rush yards||93.7 (1499)||30|
|Points scored||23.6 (377)||20|
|Pass yards against||297.1 (4753)||30|
|Rush yards against||134.9 (2158)||28|
|Points allowed||32.4 (519)||32|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff completed 67% of his passes to throw for 3,952 yards and 20 touchdowns last season.
- D’Andre Swift averaged 32.6 rushing yards per game and collected eight rushing touchdowns last year. Swift complemented his rushing performance with 2.9 receptions per game to average 22.3 receiving yards.
- Last season Jamaal Williams rushed for 33.7 yards per game and averaged 15.7 receiving yards per game . He also scored three touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson averaged 45.2 receiving yards and racked up six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Quintez Cephus played his way to two receiving touchdowns and 349 receiving yards (21.8 ypg) last season.
Lions: Jeff Okudah: Questionable (Hamstring), Hunter Bryant: Out (Hamstring), Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Groin), Kenny Golladay: Doubtful (Hamstring), Julian Okwara: Questionable (Knee), Danny Amendola: Questionable (Hamstring), Da’Shawn Hand: Questionable (Groin), C.J. Moore: Out (Hamstring), Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Out (Foot)
Pick for 49ers vs. Lions
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the 49ers being favored to cover the spread against the Lions.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.