San Diego Padres vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Two of baseball’s most productive power hitters face off when the San Diego Padres (73-64) and the Los Angeles Angels (68-70) meet at 10:10 PM ET on Tuesday at PETCO Park. Fernando Tatis Jr. has 37 home runs (fourth in the league) for the favored Padres (-380), and Shohei Ohtani ranks first in MLB play with 43 round-trippers this season for the Angels (+290).
Blake Snell gets the starting nod for San Diego, and Packy Naughton is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
Best Odds for San Diego Padres vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Angels.
- The Padres have been chosen as favorites in 111 games this year and have walked away with the win 65 times (58.6%) in those games.
- Contests with San Diego have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 70 of 137 chances this season.
- The Padres have scored the 11th-most runs in the league this season with 633 (4.6 per game).
- San Diego has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 5-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Padres and their foes are 4-4-2 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Snell (7-5 with a 4.31 ERA and 159 strikeouts in 121 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his 26th of the season.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the left-hander tossed seven scoreless innings against the Diamondbacks without surrendering a hit.
- Over Snell’s 25 starts, his team is 12-13.
- Snell has started 25 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 11 of them.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||105||.280||.359||.635||37||85||108|
- The Angels have gone 30-40 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 42.9% of those games).
- Los Angeles has had an over/under set by bookmakers 138 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 75 of those games (75-62-1).
- The Angels score the 14th-most runs in baseball (621 total, 4.5 per game).
- Los Angeles has a 3-3 record from the six games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Naughton (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Angels, his second of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the left-hander threw 3 2/3 innings against the Yankees, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- His team has lost the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Naughton’s lone start with a total this season went under.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.