San Diego Padres vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Fernando Tatis Jr. is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his San Diego Padres (67-55) ready for a matchup against the Colorado Rockies (54-66) on Wednesday at 3:10 PM ET. The Padres are favored (-143) over the Rockies (+122). San Diego’s Jake Arrieta starts against Colorado’s Chi Chi Gonzalez.
Best Odds for San Diego Padres vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the San Diego Padres and Colorado Rockies in which the Padres are currently the pick among bettors to claim victory.
Padres vs Rockies Moneyline Action
- The Padres have been favorites in 100 games this season and have come away with the win 59 times (59%) in those contests.
- Contests with San Diego have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 65 of 122 chances this season.
- The Padres are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 575 total runs this season.
- San Diego has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Padres and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Padres are sending Arrieta (5-11) to the mound to make his 21st start of the season. He is 5-11 with a 6.88 ERA and 74 strikeouts over 86 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was for the Cubs on Thursday when the righty tossed four innings against the Brewers, surrendering eight earned runs while allowing 11 hits.
- His team lost the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Arrieta’s lone start with a total this season went under.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||90||.299||.368||.677||34||75||98|
- The Rockies are 32-58 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35.6% of those games).
- Colorado has played in 120 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 51 times (51-67-2).
- The Rockies are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (538 total).
- Colorado has a 3-5 record across the eight games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rockies and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gonzalez (3-6) gets the starting nod for the Rockies in his 16th start of the season. He’s put together a 6.06 ERA in 90 2/3 innings pitched, with 53 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday, July 24 against the Dodgers, when the righty threw five innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over González’s 19 starts, his team is 6-13.
- González’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 12 of 19 games.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!