Sam Houston vs. Jacksonville State: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 10/23/2021
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Sam Houston Bearkats (5-0, 0-0 ASUN-WAC) will face off against the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (3-3, 0-0 ASUN-WAC). The Bearkats are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17.5). The game has an over/under of 53.5 points.
Best odds for Sam Houston vs. Jacksonville State
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Sam Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Sam Houston
- Sam Houston is 1-2-1 against the spread this season.
- The Bearkats are 1-1 against the spread when favored by 17.5 points or more this season.
- Two of Sam Houston’s four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
- Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 53.5 points in a game twice this season.
- This season, the average total for Bearkats games is 57.5 points, 4.0 more than the over/under of 53.5 points for this contest.
- The Bearkats collect 464.2 yards per game, 322.2 more yards than the 142.0 the Gamecocks give up per contest.
- This year, the Bearkats have zero turnovers, three fewer than the Gamecocks have takeaways (3).
|Pass yards||241.6 (1208)||35|
|Rush yards||222.6 (1113)||13|
|Points scored||40.2 (201)||24|
|Pass yards against||226.6 (1133)||82|
|Rush yards against||70.2 (351)||6|
|Points allowed||18.4 (92)||20|
Key players for Sam Houston
- Eric Schmid leads Sam Houston with 953 passing yards (190.6 ypg) on 69-of-133 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 123 rushing yards (24.6 ypg) on 28 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Ramon Jefferson, has carried the ball 66 times for 472 yards (94.4 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Cody Chrest’s team-leading 324 receiving yards (64.8 yards per game) have come on 24 receptions with four touchdowns.
Jacksonville State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Jacksonville State
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this year.
- When they have played as at least 17.5-point underdogs this season, the Gamecocks are 1-0 against the spread.
- Three of Jacksonville State’s five games with a set total have hit the over (60%).
- This season, just one Jacksonville State game has finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 53.5.
- A difference of 4.2 points separates this game’s over/under (53.5 points) and the average total points bet in Gamecocks’ games (49.3 points) this season.
- The Gamecocks collect 84.3 yards per game, 212.5 fewer yards than the 296.8 the Bearkats give up.
- The Gamecocks have turned the ball over one time this season, one more turnover than the Bearkats have forced (0).
|Pass yards||184.8 (1109)||83|
|Rush yards||121.2 (727)||82|
|Points scored||18.7 (112)||96|
|Pass yards against||243.0 (1458)||96|
|Rush yards against||172.2 (1033)||92|
|Points allowed||26.8 (161)||57|
Key players for Jacksonville State
- Zerrick Cooper has thrown for 1,011 yards (168.5 ypg) to lead Jacksonville State, completing 53.9% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 108 rushing yards (18.0 ypg) on 45 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Josh Samuel’s team-high 343 rushing yards (57.2 per game) have come on 63 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- P.J. Wells’ 294 receiving yards (49.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 18 receptions and two touchdowns.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!