Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Sam Houston Bearkats (9-0, 0-0 ASUN-WAC) will meet the Abilene Christian Wildcats (5-5, 0-0 ASUN-WAC). The Bearkats are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -21.5). The game has an over/under of 60.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Sam Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Sam Houston
- Sam Houston is 3-4-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 21.5-point favorites this season, the Bearkats are 2-2 against the spread.
- Out of Sam Houston’s eight games with a set total, five have hit the over (62.5%).
- Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s over/under of 60.5 points five times this season.
- The Bearkats have seen a 56.1 average over/under in their games this season, 4.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The Bearkats average 497.2 yards per game, 448.2 more yards than the 49.0 the Wildcats give up per matchup.
- The Bearkats have zero giveaways this season, while the Wildcats have zero takeaways .
|Pass yards||258.3 (2325)||26|
|Rush yards||238.9 (2150)||7|
|Points scored||43.2 (389)||3|
|Pass yards against||256.7 (2310)||111|
|Rush yards against||69.2 (623)||2|
|Points allowed||18.2 (164)||15|
Key players for Sam Houston
- Eric Schmid has thrown for 1,997 yards (221.9 ypg) to lead Sam Houston, completing 56.4% of his passes and tossing 23 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 270 rushing yards (30.0 ypg) on 57 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Ramon Jefferson’s team-high 892 rushing yards (99.1 per game) have come on 126 carries, with 10 touchdowns this year.
- Cody Chrest’s 575 receiving yards (63.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 39 receptions with five touchdowns.
Abilene Christian stats and betting info
Betting trends for Abilene Christian
- Abilene Christian is 2-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Abilene Christian has gone over in three of its seven games with a set total (42.9%).
- This season, three of Abilene Christian’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 60.5 points.
- The over/under for this matchup is 7.5 points more than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (53.0 points).
- The Wildcats collect 33.2 yards per game, 292.7 fewer yards than the 325.9 the Bearkats give up.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over four more times (4 total) than the Bearkats have forced a turnover (0) this season.
|Pass yards||218.3 (2183)||53|
|Rush yards||173.4 (1734)||31|
|Points scored||30.2 (302)||32|
|Pass yards against||185.4 (1854)||29|
|Rush yards against||150.8 (1508)||64|
|Points allowed||24.5 (245)||49|
Key players for Abilene Christian
- Stone Earle leads Abilene Christian with 1,216 passing yards (121.6 ypg) on 101-of-154 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 120 rushing yards (12.0 ypg) on 37 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Tyrese White, has carried the ball 77 times for 522 yards (52.2 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Kobe Clark’s 733 receiving yards (73.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 62 receptions and eight touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!