Purdue vs. Northwestern Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Northwestern Wildcats (3-7, 0-0 Big Ten) and their 20th-ranked passing defense will host the Purdue Boilermakers (6-4, 0-0 Big Ten), featuring the seventh-ranked passing attack, on Saturday, November 20, 2021. The Wildcats are 11.5-point underdogs. The over/under for this one is set at 48.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Purdue stats and betting info
Betting trends for Purdue
- Purdue has gone 5-5-0 ATS this season.
- The Boilermakers are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when favored by 11.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Purdue’s 10 games with a set total .
- Purdue and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (48.5 points) five times this season.
- On average, the Boilermakers have seen a 53.7 over/under in their games this season, 5.2 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The Boilermakers collect just 5.4 fewer yards per game (416.8) than the Wildcats give up per contest (422.2).
- In games that Purdue picks up more than 422.2 yards, the team is 3-2 overall.
- This year, the Boilermakers have turned the ball over 15 times, while the Wildcats have forced 15.
|Pass yards||338.3 (3383)||7|
|Rush yards||78.5 (785)||128|
|Points scored||25.4 (254)||90|
|Pass yards against||202.9 (2029)||32|
|Rush yards against||156.3 (1563)||75|
|Points allowed||22.5 (225)||40|
Key players for Purdue
- Aidan O’Connell leads Purdue with 2,477 passing yards (247.7 ypg) on 234-of-323 passing with 16 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, King Doerue, has carried the ball 115 times for 421 yards (42.1 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- David Bell’s 1,106 receiving yards (110.6 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 75 receptions and five touchdowns.
Northwestern stats and betting info
Betting trends for Northwestern
- Northwestern is 3-7-0 against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats have a 1-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 11.5 points or more this year.
- Out of Northwestern’s 10 games with a set total, five have hit the over (50%).
- There have been four Northwestern games that have finished with a combined score over 48.5 points this season.
- Wildcats games have an over/under of 46.2 points this season, 2.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Wildcats collect 331.4 yards per game, 27.8 fewer yards than the 359.2 the Boilermakers allow.
- When Northwestern totals over 359.2 yards, the team is 2-3.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over five more times (19 total) than the Boilermakers have forced a turnover (14) this season.
|Pass yards||184.6 (1846)||110|
|Rush yards||146.8 (1468)||79|
|Points scored||17.1 (171)||124|
|Pass yards against||193.3 (1933)||20|
|Rush yards against||228.9 (2289)||125|
|Points allowed||26.9 (269)||71|
Key players for Northwestern
- Ryan Hilinski has thrown for 789 yards (78.9 ypg) to lead Northwestern, completing 52.8% of his passes and tossing three touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull has carried the ball 139 times for a team-high 812 yards (81.2 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He has also caught 25 passes for 216 yards (21.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Stephon Robinson Jr.’s team-leading 569 receiving yards (56.9 yards per game) have come on 40 receptions with two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!