Pittsburgh vs. Virginia Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The No. 20 Pittsburgh Panthers (8-2, 0-0 ACC), with college football’s fourth-ranked scoring offense, meet the Virginia Cavaliers (6-4, 0-0 ACC) and their 21st-ranked offense on Saturday, November 20, 2021. The Panthers are major favorites, by 13.5 points. An over/under of 66.5 points has been set for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Pittsburgh stats and betting info
Betting trends for Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 8-2-0 ATS this season.
- The Panthers are 3-1 against the spread when favored by 13.5 points or more this season.
- Pittsburgh has gone over in seven of its 10 games with a set total (70%).
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (66.5 points) six times this season.
- The Panthers have seen a 58.2 average over/under in their games this season, 8.3 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Panthers average 69.1 more yards per game (531.0) than the Cavaliers give up per matchup (461.9).
- In games that Pittsburgh churns out over 461.9 yards, the team is 5-2 overall.
- This year, the Panthers have turned the ball over 11 times, while the Cavaliers have forced 11.
|Pass yards||373.1 (3731)||5|
|Rush yards||157.9 (1579)||72|
|Points scored||43.5 (435)||4|
|Pass yards against||242.9 (2429)||86|
|Rush yards against||106.0 (1060)||13|
|Points allowed||22.7 (227)||43|
Key players for Pittsburgh
- Kenny Pickett has 3,517 passing yards (351.7 ypg) to lead Pittsburgh, completing 67.5% of his passes and tossing 32 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 223 rushing yards (22.3 ypg) on 83 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Israel Abanikanda’s team-high 561 rushing yards (56.1 per game) have come on 106 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also added 22 catches for 185 yards (18.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jordan Addison’s 1,070 receiving yards (107.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 60 receptions and 11 touchdowns.
Virginia stats and betting info
Betting trends for Virginia
- Virginia is 5-4-0 ATS this season.
- In Virginia’s nine games with a set total, four have hit the over (44.4%).
- There have been four Virginia games that have ended with a combined score over 66.5 points this season.
- Cavaliers games have an over/under of 65.4 points this season, 1.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
- The Cavaliers collect 169.3 more yards per game (518.2) than the Panthers allow per outing (348.9).
- In games that Virginia picks up more than 348.9 yards, the team is 6-3.
- The Cavaliers have 15 giveaways this season, while the Panthers have 15 takeaways .
|Pass yards||380.5 (3805)||2|
|Rush yards||137.7 (1377)||91|
|Points scored||35.3 (353)||21|
|Pass yards against||239.8 (2398)||85|
|Rush yards against||222.1 (2221)||121|
|Points allowed||30.5 (305)||98|
Key players for Virginia
- Brennan Armstrong has been a dual threat to lead Virginia in both passing and rushing. He has 3,557 passing yards (355.7 ypg), completing 64.3% of his passes and collecting 27 touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 271 yards (27.1 ypg) on 81 carries with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Wayne Taulapapa has carried the ball 55 times for a team-high 290 yards (29.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ team-leading 1,004 receiving yards (100.4 yards per game) have come on 44 receptions with nine touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!