Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The No. 20 Pittsburgh Panthers (9-2, 0-0 ACC) bring college football’s eighth-ranked rushing defense into a contest versus the Syracuse Orange (5-6, 0-0 ACC), with the No. 6 rushing offense, on Saturday, November 27, 2021. The Panthers are major, 11-point favorites. The total for this one is set at 58.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Pittsburgh stats and betting info
Betting trends for Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh has an 8-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have a 3-2 record against the spread when favored by 11 points or more this season.
- Eight of Pittsburgh’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (72.7%).
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Saturday’s over/under of 58.5 points seven times this season.
- This season, the average total for Panthers games is 59.0 points, 0.5 more than the over/under of 58.5 points for this contest.
- The Panthers collect 198.8 more yards per game (529.0) than the Orange allow per matchup (330.2).
- When Pittsburgh picks up over 330.2 yards, the team is 9-2.
- This year, the Panthers have turned the ball over 13 times, seven more than the Orange’s takeaways (6).
|Pass yards||370.1 (4071)||5|
|Rush yards||158.9 (1748)||69|
|Points scored||43.9 (483)||3|
|Pass yards against||265.1 (2916)||111|
|Rush yards against||98.8 (1087)||8|
|Points allowed||24.1 (265)||51|
Key players for Pittsburgh
- Kenny Pickett has 3,857 passing yards (350.6 ypg) to lead Pittsburgh, completing 67.1% of his passes and collecting 36 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 209 rushing yards (19.0 ypg) on 89 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Israel Abanikanda’s team-high 580 rushing yards (52.7 per game) have come on 109 carries, with five touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 23 catches for 200 yards (18.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jordan Addison’s 1,272 receiving yards (115.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 74 receptions and 15 touchdowns.
Syracuse stats and betting info
Betting trends for Syracuse
- Syracuse has gone 8-3-0 ATS this year.
- In games they have played as at least 11-point underdogs this year, the Orange are 1-1 against the spread.
- In Syracuse’s 11 games with a set total, five have hit the over (45.5%).
- There have been four Syracuse games that have ended with a combined score higher than 58.5 points this season.
- A difference of 7.8 points separates this game’s over/under (58.5 points) and the average total points bet in Orange’s games (50.7 points) this season.
- The Orange average 377.8 yards per game, just 13.9 more than the 363.9 the Panthers allow.
- When Syracuse churns out more than 363.9 yards, the team is 3-2.
- This year the Orange have 11 turnovers, five fewer than the Panthers have takeaways (16).
|Pass yards||147.2 (1619)||124|
|Rush yards||230.6 (2537)||6|
|Points scored||25.9 (285)||88|
|Pass yards against||203.8 (2242)||30|
|Rush yards against||126.4 (1390)||27|
|Points allowed||25.9 (285)||66|
Key players for Syracuse
- Garrett Shrader leads Syracuse with 1,228 passing yards (111.6 ypg) on 106-of-210 passing with seven touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 783 rushing yards (71.2 ypg) on 157 carries while scoring 14 touchdowns on the ground.
- Sean Tucker has carried the ball 233 times for a team-high 1,467 yards (133.4 per game), with 12 touchdowns this year. He has also caught 18 passes for 237 yards (21.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson’s team-leading 297 receiving yards (27.0 yards per game) have come on 29 receptions with one touchdown.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!