Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Seattle Seahawks: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Pittsburgh Steelers (2-3) are considered favorites (-4.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the Seattle Seahawks (2-3) on October 17, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 42.5.
Best odds for Steelers vs. Seahawks
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks in which the Steelers are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Seahawks have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Steelers Vs. Seahawks Spread Betting Action
Pittsburgh stats and betting info
Betting trends for Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this season.
- The Steelers are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Pittsburgh has hit the over in one of five games with a set total (20%).
|Pass yards||257.2 (1286)||20|
|Rush yards||73.6 (368)||31|
|Points scored||18.8 (94)||26|
|Pass yards against||272.0 (1360)||20|
|Rush yards against||100.4 (502)||9|
|Points allowed||22.4 (112)||10|
Key players for Pittsburgh
- Ben Roethlisberger has 1,286 passing yards for Pittsburgh, completing 63.6% of his passes and tossing six touchdowns and four interceptions this season.
- Najee Harris has carried the ball 78 times for a team-high 307 yards (61.4 per game) with two scores. He has also caught 28 passes for 198 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Chase Claypool has 341 yards as a receiver (68.2 per game) on 20 catches with one touchdown, while also piling up 4.4 rush yards per game.
- Diontae Johnson has put together a 305-yard season so far with three touchdowns, hauling in 25 passes on 37 targets.
Steelers: David DeCastro: Out (Abdomen), Diontae Johnson: Out (Back)
Seattle stats and betting info
Betting trends for Seattle
- Seattle has covered the spread twice in five opportunities this year.
- One of Seattle’s five games with a set total has hit the over (20%).
|Pass yards||265.4 (1327)||15|
|Rush yards||104.0 (520)||19|
|Points scored||24.0 (120)||12|
|Pass yards against||321.6 (1608)||30|
|Rush yards against||145.2 (726)||31|
|Points allowed||25.2 (126)||23|
Key players for Seattle
- Russell Wilson has 1,196 passing yards, or 239.2 per game, so far this season. He has completed 72% of his passes and has collected 10 touchdowns with one interception. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 13.6 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner one time.
- Chris Carson has run the ball 54 times for 232 yards, with three touchdowns.
- Alex Collins has compiled 124 yards on 28 carries with one touchdown.
- Tyler Lockett leads his team with 390 receiving yards on 25 receptions with three touchdowns.
- D.K. Metcalf has totaled 383 receiving yards (76.6 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 25 receptions.
- Freddie Swain’s 15 targets have resulted in 10 catches for 134 yards and two touchdowns.
Seahawks: No Injuries Listed
Pick for Steelers vs. Seahawks
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Steelers being favored to cover the spread against the Seahawks.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.