Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 14 Predictions
The Minnesota Vikings (5-7) are considered favorites (-3) according to the point spread ahead of their game versus the Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5-1) on December 9, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. The over/under for this one is set at 44.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Vikings Vs. Steelers Spread Betting Action
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota has a 6-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings are winless against the spread (0-4) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Minnesota has hit the over in seven of its 12 games with a set total (58.3%).
|Pass yards||282.3 (3388)||7|
|Rush yards||113.3 (1359)||15|
|Points scored||25.7 (308)||11|
|Pass yards against||271.3 (3256)||24|
|Rush yards against||131.5 (1578)||29|
|Points allowed||25.4 (305)||25|
Key players for Minnesota
- Kirk Cousins has 3,353 passing yards for Minnesota, completing 68.4% of his passes and recording 25 touchdowns and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Dalvin Cook, has carried the ball 171 times for 773 yards (64.4 per game), scoring four times. He’s also caught 27 passes for 202 yards.
- Alexander Mattison has been handed the ball 110 times this year and racked up 405 yards (33.8 per game) with two touchdowns. He’s also contributed in the passing game with 24 grabs for 183 yards and one touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson has hauled in 78 receptions for 1,209 yards (100.8 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone seven times as a receiver.
- Adam Thielen has caught 64 passes for 686 yards (57.2 yards per game) and 10 touchdowns this year.
- Tyler Conklin has a total of 469 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 47 throws and scoring three touchdowns.
Vikings: Eric Kendricks: Out (Calf), Kyle Rudolph: Doubtful (Foot), Irv Smith Jr.: Questionable (Back), Alexander Mattison: Out (Illness)
Pittsburgh stats and betting info
Betting trends for Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh has a 5-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Steelers are 4-2 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- Four of Pittsburgh’s 12 games with a set total have hit the over (33.3%).
|Pass yards||250.0 (3000)||15|
|Rush yards||86.9 (1043)||29|
|Points scored||20.3 (244)||22|
|Pass yards against||252.0 (3024)||15|
|Rush yards against||130.9 (1571)||27|
|Points allowed||23.8 (286)||21|
Key players for Pittsburgh
- Ben Roethlisberger has recored 2,758 passing yards, or 229.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 64.8% of his passes and has recorded 16 touchdowns with six interceptions.
- Najee Harris’ team-high 779 rushing yards have come on 217 carries, with five touchdowns. He also leads the team with 387 receiving yards (32.3 per game) on 57 catches with two touchdowns.
- Benny Snell Jr. has piled up 56 yards (on 17 carries).
- Diontae Johnson has hauled in 914 receiving yards on 76 receptions to pace his team so far this season while scoring six touchdowns as a receiver.
- Chase Claypool has 39 receptions (on 72 targets) for a total of 660 yards (55.0 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
Steelers: Robert Spillane: Out (Knee), Joe Haden: Out (Concussion)
Pick for Vikings vs. Steelers
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Vikings being favored to cover the spread against the Steelers.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!