Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The Pittsburgh Pirates (50-90) host the Washington Nationals (58-82) on Friday to start a three-game series, with the first pitch at 6:35 PM ET from PNC Park. The favored Pirates (-130) enter the matchup after a series win over the Tigers, and the underdog Nationals (+110) are coming off of a series loss to the Braves.
Pittsburgh has Steven Brault starting things off, and Washington counters Josiah Gray.
Best Odds for Pittsburgh Pirates vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Washington Nationals.
- The Pirates have been favorites in 10 games this season and have come away with the win six times (60%) in those contests.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 67 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Pirates are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 509 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Over their last 10 games, Pittsburgh has been favored twice and split those games 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Brault makes the start for the Pirates, his seventh of the season. He is 0-3 with a 5.61 ERA and 18 strikeouts through 25 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Cubs, the lefty went four innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- All six of Brault’s starts this season have ended in defeat for his team.
- Brault has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those games.
- The Nationals have won 30.7% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (27-61).
- Washington has combined with opponents to go over the total 64 times this season for a 64-71-4 record against the over/under.
- The Nationals are the 17th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.5 runs per game (623 total).
- Washington played as the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and went 3-6 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Nationals and their opponents combined to go over the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray makes the start for the Nationals, his ninth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 5.65 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 43 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Mets, the righty went three innings, giving up six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Gray’s team is 2-5 over his seven starts.
- Gray has had seven starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and four of those matchups hit the over.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!