Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
Kevin Newman will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Pittsburgh Pirates (50-89) square off against the Detroit Tigers (65-75) on Wednesday at 6:35 PM ET. The Pirates are favored (-116) over the Tigers (-102).
Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller gets the start against Detroit’s Matt Manning.
Best Odds for Pittsburgh Pirates vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Detroit Tigers in which the Pirates are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Pirates vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||69%||31%|
|% of Stake||57%||43%|
- The Pirates have been victorous in six of the nine contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have gone over in 67 of their 139 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Pirates are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 508 total runs (3.7 per game) this season.
- Over the past 10 games, Pittsburgh has been favored just one time and came away with a win in that contest.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on seven occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Pirates are sending Keller (4-10) to the mound for his 19th start of the season. He is 4-10 with a 6.23 ERA and 76 strikeouts through 78 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the right-hander went six scoreless innings against the Cubs while surrendering six hits.
- Keller’s team is 7-11 in his 18 starts.
- Keller has started 18 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Tigers are 52-65 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 44.4% of those games).
- Detroit has played in 140 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 61 times (61-74-5).
- The Tigers have the No. 18 offense in baseball scoring 4.3 runs per game (608 total runs).
- Detroit played as the moneyline underdog in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 3-6 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manning gets the start for the Tigers, his 14th of the season. He is 3-6 with a 6.29 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 63 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the righty threw 3 2/3 innings against the Athletics, giving up eight earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Manning’s team is 5-8 in his 13 starts.
- Manning has had 13 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in six of those outings.
Pick for Pirates vs. Tigers
The Pirates are favored to win over the Tigers based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!