Philadelphia Phillies vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 2, 2021
J.T. Realmuto is only two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Philadelphia Phillies (68-64) ready for a matchup with the Washington Nationals (55-76) on Thursday at 1:05 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-155) over the Nationals (+135).
Philadelphia has Aaron Nola set to start, and Washington will counter with Paolo Espino.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Washington Nationals in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phillies vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||81%||19%|
|% of Stake||83%||17%|
- The Phillies have come away with 36 wins in the 70 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have gone over in 66 of their 132 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Phillies rank 14th in the league with 605 total runs scored this season.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 4-2.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Phillies and their foes are 7-3 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Nola (7-7 with a 4.30 ERA and 181 strikeouts in 148 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Phillies, his 27th of the season.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Diamondbacks, the right-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- Nola’s team is 12-14 in his 26 starts.
- Nola’s starts hit the over on the run total 14 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
- The Nationals have won 30.4% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (24-55).
- Washington has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 59 times this season for a 59-68-3 record against the over/under.
- The Nationals score the 19th-most runs in baseball (577 total, 4.4 per game).
- Washington went 2-7 over the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Nationals are sending Espino (4-4) to the mound for his 14th start of the season. He is 4-4 with a 4.13 ERA and 65 strikeouts over 80 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Friday against the Mets, the right-hander tossed five innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- Espino’s team has won five of his 13 starts.
- Espino has started 13 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in five of them.
Pick for Phillies vs. Nationals
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth games analysis favors the Phillies to win over the Nationals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!