Philadelphia Phillies vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Brad Miller leads the Philadelphia Phillies (71-66) into a contest against the Milwaukee Brewers (84-55) after he homered twice in a 12-0 win over the Brewers. The Phillies are favorites (-110) against the Brewers (-107) in this outing, which starts at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
Philadelphia has Aaron Nola set to start, and Milwaukee counters Eric Lauer.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers in which the Brewers are currently the pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Phillies have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Phillies vs Brewers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||50%||50%|
|% of Stake||34%||66%|
- The Phillies have won in 38, or 51.4%, of the 74 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 69 of 137 chances this season.
- The Phillies have scored the 13th-most runs in the league this season with 621 (4.6 per game).
- Philadelphia has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 6-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Phillies and their foes are 7-3 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Nola makes the start for the Phillies, his 28th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 4.54 ERA and 186 strikeouts through 152 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Nationals, when he threw four innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In Nola’s 27 starts, his team is 13-14.
- Nola has started 27 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
- The Brewers have won 58.1% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (18-13).
- Milwaukee has played in 139 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-67-10).
- The Brewers score the 10th-most runs in baseball (635 total, 4.6 per game).
- Over the last 10 games, Milwaukee has been listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Brewers and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Brewers will send Lauer (4-5) to the mound for his 16th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 3.22 ERA and 86 strikeouts over 89 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday, the left-hander went seven innings against the Giants, giving up one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- Lauer’s team has put together a 7-8 record in his 15 starts.
- Lauer’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 15 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Phillies vs. Brewers
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Brewers being favored to win over the Phillies.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!