Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
J.T. Realmuto has 99 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Philadelphia Phillies (69-65) play the Miami Marlins (56-79) on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-119) over the Marlins (+102).
Ranger Suarez starts for Philadelphia while Miami will counter with Trevor Rogers.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Miami Marlins in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phillies vs Marlins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||61%||39%|
|% of Stake||97%||3%|
- The Phillies have come away with 37 wins in the 72 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 68 of their 134 opportunities.
- The Phillies rank 12th in the league with 615 total runs scored this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 5-3.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Phillies and their foes are 8-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez (6-4 with a 1.48 ERA and 65 strikeouts in 67 innings pitched) makes the start for the Phillies, his seventh of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Diamondbacks, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Suarez’s team has compiled a 4-2 record over his six starts.
- Suarez has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those games.
- The Marlins have been the underdog on the moneyline 91 total times this season. They’ve gone 31-60 in those games.
- Miami has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 135 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 60 of those games (60-66-9).
- The Marlins have the No. 27 offense in MLB play scoring four runs per game (538 total runs).
- Miami went 2-4 across the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins will send Rogers (7-6) out for his 21st start of the season. He is 7-6 with a 2.54 ERA and 129 strikeouts over 110 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday, July 31 against the Yankees, when the left-hander threw 3 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In Rogers’ 20 starts, his team is 9-11.
- Rogers has had 20 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in eight of those games.
|Bryan De La Cruz||29||.330||.369||.437||2||10||34|
Pick for Phillies vs. Marlins
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites points to the Phillies being favored to win over the Marlins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.