Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
J.T. Realmuto will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Philadelphia Phillies (69-64) play the Miami Marlins (55-79) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-144) over the Marlins (+125).
Philadelphia’s Kyle Gibson gets the start against Miami’s Jesus Luzardo.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Miami Marlins in which the Phillies are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phillies vs Marlins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||61%||39%|
- The Phillies have been favorites in 71 games this season and have come away with the win 37 times (52.1%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 67 of their 133 opportunities.
- The Phillies have scored 612 runs (4.6 per game) this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- Philadelphia has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 5-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, the Phillies and their foes are 8-2 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gibson makes the start for the Phillies, his sixth of the season. He is 4-2 with a 3.16 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 37 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Diamondbacks, when he tossed six scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- Gibson’s team has won four of his five starts.
- Gibson has had five starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those outings.
- The Marlins have been the underdog on the moneyline 90 total times this season. They’ve finished 30-60 in those games.
- Miami has played in 134 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-66-9).
- The Marlins score the fourth-fewest runs in baseball (528 total, 3.9 per game).
- Miami has a 1-5 record from the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Marlins combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Luzardo (3-3 with a 7.62 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Marlins, his seventh of the season.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Reds, when the left-hander threw six scoreless innings while giving up only one hit.
- Over Luzardo’s six starts, his team is 3-3.
- Luzardo has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in four of those matchups.
|Bryan De La Cruz||28||.340||.374||.450||2||9||34|
Pick for Phillies vs. Marlins
The Phillies are favored to win over the Marlins based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.