Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Miami Marlins (65-95) (-115 moneyline odds) to end their three-game home losing streak when they face the Philadelphia Phillies (82-78) (-115 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET.
Hans Crouse takes the mound first for Philadelphia, and Jesus Luzardo is Miami’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Miami Marlins.
- The Phillies have come away with 49 wins in the 91 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have gone over in 77 of their 160 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Phillies are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 729 total runs this season.
- Philadelphia has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 6-1 in those contests.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Phillies and their opponents are 3-7 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Crouse (0-1) takes the mound first for the Phillies to make his second start of the season.
- The righty last pitched on Sunday against the Pirates, when he threw three innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- His team lost the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Crouse’s only start with a total this season went under.
- The Marlins have won 33.9% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (37-72).
- In the 160 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Miami, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 71 times (71-78-11).
- The Marlins have the No. 28 offense in MLB action scoring 3.8 runs per game (615 total runs).
- Miami was the moneyline underdog in eight of its last 10 games, and went 1-7 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins are sending Luzardo (3-5) out to make his 12th start of the season. He is 3-5 with a 6.92 ERA and 47 strikeouts through 52 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the Rays, the left-hander went four innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- Luzardo’s team has won six of his 11 starts.
- Luzardo has started 11 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
|Bryan De La Cruz||54||.298||.360||.435||5||19||57|
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!