Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for October 1, 2021
The Philadelphia Phillies (81-78) will look to stop a four-game losing streak when they visit the Miami Marlins (65-94) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-135) to end the streak when they square off against the underdog Marlins (+115).
Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez gets the start against Miami’s Sandy Alcantara.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Miami Marlins.
- The Phillies have been favorites in 90 games this season and have come away with the win 48 times (53.3%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have gone over in 77 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Phillies have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 724 (4.6 per game).
- Philadelphia has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Phillies and their opponents are 3-7 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez (7-5 with a 1.45 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 99 innings pitched) gets the start for the Phillies, his 12th of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Pirates, when he went nine scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Suarez’s team has compiled a 6-5 record in his 11 starts.
- Suarez has had 11 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and three of those outings finished over the total.
- The Marlins have won 37 of the 108 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (34.3%).
- Miami has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 71 times this season for a 71-77-11 record against the over/under.
- The Marlins score the third-fewest runs in baseball (612 total, 3.9 per game).
- Miami has a 2-6 record from the eight games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins will send Alcantara (9-14) to the mound for his 33rd start of the season as he looks for his 10th win. He is 9-14 with a 3.09 ERA and 195 strikeouts over 200 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance was on Saturday against the Rays, when he tossed six innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- Alcantara’s team has a 14-18 record in his starts this season.
- Alcantara has started 32 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
|Bryan De La Cruz||53||.298||.357||.436||5||19||56|
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.