Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
The Philadelphia Phillies (71-68) have lost two games in a row as they prepare to play the Colorado Rockies (63-77), who have dropped four straight. The Phillies are favored (-191) to break their losing streak, while oddsmakers think the Rockies’ streak will continue in Thursday’s matchup, which begins at 7:05 PM ET from Citizens Bank Park.
Ranger Suarez gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Antonio Senzatela is Colorado’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Colorado Rockies in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phillies vs Rockies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||82%||18%|
|% of Stake||94%||6%|
- The Phillies have been favorites in 74 games this season and have come away with the win 38 times (51.4%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have gone over in 70 of their 139 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Phillies rank 12th in the league with 636 total runs scored this season.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Philadelphia has a record of 4-2.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on seven occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez makes the start for the Phillies, his eighth of the season. He is 6-4 with a 1.38 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 72 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Marlins, when the lefty went five scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- Suarez’s team is 4-3 in his seven starts.
- Suarez has had seven starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
- The Rockies have won 36.3% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (37-65).
- Colorado has played in 140 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times (59-78-3).
- The Rockies are the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.6 runs per game (638 total).
- Colorado went 2-5 across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rockies and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rockies will send Senzatela (4-9) out to make his 24th start of the season. He is 4-9 with a 4.16 ERA and 90 strikeouts over 132 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the righty threw seven innings against the Braves, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Over Senzatela’s 23 starts, his team is 9-14.
- Senzatela has had 23 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those outings finished over the total.
Pick for Phillies vs. Rockies
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Phillies being favored to win over the Rockies.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!