Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Odubel Herrera will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Philadelphia Phillies (72-70) take on the Colorado Rockies (65-78) on Sunday at 1:05 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-264) over the Rockies (+217).
Aaron Nola starts for Philadelphia while Colorado will counter with Ryan Feltner.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Colorado Rockies in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phillies vs Rockies Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||96%||4%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
- The Phillies have won in 39, or 50.6%, of the 77 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 71 of 142 chances this season.
- The Phillies have scored 641 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- Philadelphia has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won three of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Nola makes the start for the Phillies, his 29th of the season. He is 7-8 with a 4.57 ERA and 192 strikeouts in 157 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday against the Brewers, the righty tossed five innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Nola’s team has won 13 of his 28 starts.
- Nola has had 28 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those outings hit the over.
- The Rockies have won 39 of the 105 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (37.1%).
- Colorado has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 60 times this season for a 60-80-3 record against the over/under.
- The Rockies have the No. 11 offense in baseball scoring 4.6 runs per game (653 total runs).
- Colorado played as the moneyline underdog in each of its last 10 games, and finished 4-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rockies and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Feltner (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Rockies, his second this season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the righty threw 2 2/3 innings against the Braves, giving up six earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- His team has lost the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Feltner’s only start with a total this season went under.
Pick for Phillies vs. Rockies
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Phillies to win over the Rockies.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.