Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Booksmakers give the Philadelphia Phillies (71-70) the edge (-190 moneyline odds) to halt their four-game losing streak when they meet the Colorado Rockies (65-77) (+160 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 6:05 PM ET.
Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler and Colorado’s Kyle Freeland will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Colorado Rockies.
- The Phillies have been chosen as favorites in 76 games this year and have walked away with the win 38 times (50%) in those games.
- Philadelphia and their opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 141 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Phillies rank 12th in the league with 641 total runs scored this season.
- Philadelphia has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 2-4 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wheeler gets the start for the Phillies, his 29th of the season. He is 12-9 with a 2.91 ERA and 217 strikeouts over 188 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Monday against the Brewers, when he threw six scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- Wheeler’s team has won 16 of his 28 starts.
- Wheeler has started 28 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
- The Rockies have gone 39-65 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 37.5% of those games).
- Colorado has played in 142 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-79-3).
- The Rockies are the 11th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.6 runs per game (653 total).
- Colorado has a 4-5 record across the nine games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Rockies combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Freeland (5-7) gets the starting nod for the Rockies in his 20th start of the season. He’s put together a 4.69 ERA in 96 innings pitched, with 87 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Monday against the Giants, the lefty went 4 1/3 innings, giving up seven earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- Freeland’s team is 10-9 in his 19 starts.
- Freeland has started 19 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in six of them.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.