Philadelphia Phillies vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
Josh Rojas is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Arizona Diamondbacks (39-81) ready for a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies (61-58) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are underdogs (+145) against the Phillies (-174). Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez and Arizona’s Humberto Castellanos pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Philadelphia Phillies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Philadelphia Phillies and Arizona Diamondbacks in which the Phillies are currently the clear pick among bettors to claim victory.
Phillies vs Diamondbacks Moneyline Action
- The Phillies have been favorites in 62 games this season and have come away with the win 32 times (51.6%) in those contests.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 59 of their 119 opportunities.
- The Phillies have scored 535 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Philadelphia has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to clear the total just once.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez makes the start for the Phillies, his fourth of the season. He is 5-3 with a 1.07 ERA and 51 strikeouts over 50 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out was on Thursday against the Dodgers, when he went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Suarez’s team has put together a 19-11 record over his 30 starts.
- Suarez has started 30 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Diamondbacks have a 29-73 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 28.4% of those games).
- Arizona has played in 120 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-55-3).
- The Diamondbacks score the 23rd-most runs in baseball (500 total, 4.2 per game).
- Arizona has a 5-5 record over the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Diamondbacks and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Diamondbacks will look to Castellanos (0-1) to open the game and make his second start of the season.
- The righty last pitched on Thursday, July 8 against the Rockies, when he threw four scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Castellanos’ team has a 1-7 record in his starts this season.
- Castellanos’ starts hit the over on the run total six times in eight games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!