Penn State vs. Michigan State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The No. 12 Michigan State Spartans (9-2, 0-0 Big Ten) and Penn State Nittany Lions (7-4, 0-0 Big Ten) square off with the Land Grant Trophy the prize on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans are favored by just 1.5 points in this one. The total for this one is set at 52.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Michigan State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Michigan State
- Michigan State has a 7-3-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Spartans are 4-2-1 against the spread when favored by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in six of Michigan State’s 11 games with a set total .
- Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (52.5 points) eight times this season.
- The Spartans have seen a 55.3 average over/under in their games this season, 2.8 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Spartans rack up 95.1 more yards per game (429.4) than the Nittany Lions give up per matchup (334.3).
- Michigan State is 7-1 overall when the team amasses over 334.3 yards.
- This year, the Spartans have 14 turnovers, four fewer than the Nittany Lions have takeaways (18).
|Pass yards||243.4 (2677)||58|
|Rush yards||186.0 (2046)||44|
|Points scored||32.1 (353)||41|
|Pass yards against||340.4 (3744)||130|
|Rush yards against||122.8 (1351)||26|
|Points allowed||25.5 (281)||61|
Key players for Michigan State
- Payton Thorne leads Michigan State with 2,619 passing yards (238.1 ypg) on 187-of-310 passing with 22 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season. He also adds 121 rushing yards (11.0 ypg) on 64 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Kenneth Walker III has carried the ball 233 times for a team-high 1,498 yards (136.2 per game), with 17 touchdowns this year.
- Jayden Reed’s team-high 857 receiving yards (77.9 yards per game) have come on 47 receptions with seven touchdowns.
Penn State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Penn State
- So far this year, Penn State has put together a 7-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Nittany Lions are 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Penn State has gone over in two of 11 games with a set total (18.2%).
- This season, three games Penn State played finished with a combined score over 52.5 points.
- Nittany Lions games have an over/under of 51.5 points this season, 1.0 point fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Nittany Lions average 80.8 fewer yards per game (382.4) than the Spartans allow per outing (463.2).
- Penn State is 2-0 overall when the team totals over 463.2 yards.
- The Nittany Lions have turned the ball over 11 times, six fewer times than the Spartans have forced turnovers (17).
|Pass yards||270.9 (2980)||25|
|Rush yards||111.5 (1226)||115|
|Points scored||26.2 (288)||80|
|Pass yards against||202.9 (2232)||29|
|Rush yards against||131.4 (1445)||34|
|Points allowed||15.5 (171)||4|
Key players for Penn State
- Sean Clifford leads Penn State with 2,599 passing yards (236.3 ypg) on 224-of-362 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. He also adds 150 rushing yards (13.6 ypg) on 78 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Keyvone Lee’s team-high 416 rushing yards (37.8 per game) have come on 89 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- Jahan Dotson’s 1,045 receiving yards (95.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 83 receptions and 10 touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!