Orlando Magic vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 12
The Los Angeles Lakers (14-13) battle the Orlando Magic (5-22) on December 12, 2021 at Staples Center. The Magic are underdogs by an 11.5-point margin as they enter the matchup with a 6-4 record in their last 10 games.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic in which the Lakers are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Los Angeles Vs. Orlando Moneyline Betting Action
Lakers stats and betting info
Betting trends for Los Angeles
- So far this season, Los Angeles has put together a 10-17-0 record against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in 15 of Los Angeles’ 27 games with a set total.
- The Lakers have compiled a 10-8 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 55.6% of those games).
- Los Angeles has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -654 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Lakers’ implied win probability is 86.7%.
Key players for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: 24 PTS, 10.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 2.2 BLK, 52.3 FG%, 19.2 3PT% (10-for-52)
- Russell Westbrook: 19.5 PTS, 7.7 REB, 8.6 AST, 1.2 STL, 44.9 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (36-for-111)
- LeBron James: 26 PTS, 6.9 AST, 1.9 STL, 50 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (41-for-118)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.6 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (65-for-160)
- Malik Monk: 10 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (48-for-131)
Lakers Injuries: Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle), LeBron James: Day To Day (Abdomen), Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Knee), Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
Magic stats and betting info
Betting trends for Orlando
- Los Angeles has a 10-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- Los Angeles has hit the over in 15 of its 27 games with a set total (55.6%).
- The Magic have entered the game as underdogs 27 times this season and won five, or 18.5%, of those games.
- This season, Orlando has won two of its seven games when they’re the underdog by at least +463 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 17.8% chance of a victory for the Magic.
Key players for Orlando
- Wendell Carter Jr.: 13 PTS, 10 REB, 50.9 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (36-for-102)
- Cole Anthony: 20.4 PTS, 5.7 AST, 42.9 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (60-for-159)
- Mohamed Bamba: 10.7 PTS, 8.8 REB, 2.2 BLK, 45.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (35-for-107)
- Franz Wagner: 14.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 39 3PT% (39-for-100)
- Jalen Suggs: 12.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 33.9 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (26-for-102)
Magic Injuries: Jalen Suggs: Out (Thumb), Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee), E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee), Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Left Ankle), Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
Pick for Lakers vs. Magic
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with an in-depth games analysis favors the Lakers to win over the Magic.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you actionable insights so you can use them while betting NBA same day parlay. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign-up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!