Ohio State vs. Purdue: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
Two of the nation’s stingiest defensive units meet when the No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1, 0-0 Big Ten) bring college football’s 19th-ranked scoring D into a contest versus the Purdue Boilermakers (6-3, 0-0 Big Ten), featuring the No. 16 defense, on Saturday, November 13, 2021. The Buckeyes are heavy, 20-point favorites. An over/under of 61 points has been established for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Ohio State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Ohio State
- Ohio State’s ATS record is 5-4-0 this season.
- The Buckeyes have a 3-1 record against the spread in games they were favored by 20 points or more this season.
- In Ohio State’s nine games with a set total, five have hit the over (55.6%).
- This season, Ohio State games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 61-point over/under seven times.
- The Buckeyes have seen a 63.7 average over/under in their games this season, 2.7 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Buckeyes rack up 212.0 more yards per game (541.8) than the Boilermakers allow per matchup (329.8).
- When Ohio State picks up over 329.8 yards, the team is 8-1.
- This year, the Buckeyes have eight turnovers, six fewer than the Boilermakers have takeaways (14).
|Pass yards||352.8 (3175)||6|
|Rush yards||189.0 (1701)||42|
|Points scored||44.9 (404)||2|
|Pass yards against||247.2 (2225)||96|
|Rush yards against||109.2 (983)||17|
|Points allowed||19.0 (171)||19|
Key players for Ohio State
- C.J. Stroud has thrown for 2,675 yards (297.2 ypg) to lead Ohio State, completing 67% of his passes and recording 25 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, TreVeyon Henderson, has carried the ball 128 times for 937 yards (104.1 per game), with 12 touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 15 passes for 219 yards (24.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba’s 888 receiving yards (98.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 50 receptions with four touchdowns.
Purdue stats and betting info
Betting trends for Purdue
- So far this season, Purdue has compiled a 5-4-0 record against the spread.
- Two of Purdue’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (22.2%).
- This season, Purdue has played just one game with a combined score over 61 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.6 points more than the average over/under in Boilermakers’ games this season (52.4 points).
- The Boilermakers average 53.3 more yards per game (409.7) than the Buckeyes allow per contest (356.4).
- In games that Purdue totals more than 356.4 yards, the team is 4-1.
- The Boilermakers have turned the ball over 13 times, two fewer times than the Buckeyes have forced turnovers (15).
|Pass yards||332.6 (2993)||8|
|Rush yards||77.1 (694)||128|
|Points scored||24.8 (223)||90|
|Pass yards against||185.3 (1668)||15|
|Rush yards against||144.4 (1300)||61|
|Points allowed||18.4 (166)||16|
Key players for Purdue
- Aidan O’Connell leads Purdue with 2,087 passing yards (231.9 ypg) on 194-of-271 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- King Doerue’s team-high 395 rushing yards (43.9 per game) have come on 105 carries, with two touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 17 catches for 137 yards (15.2 per game).
- David Bell’s 1,003 receiving yards (111.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 64 receptions with five touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.