Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Nick Solak will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Texas Rangers (52-89) take on the Oakland Athletics (77-65) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET. The Rangers are underdogs (+164) to the Athletics (-191).
James Kaprielian takes the mound first for Oakland, and Taylor Hearn is Texas’ choice to start.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers.
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 93 games this year and have walked away with the win 56 times (60.2%) in those games.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 66 of their 141 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics have scored 647 runs (4.6 per game) this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 4-3.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Athletics and their foes are 6-3-1 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kaprielian makes the start for the Athletics, his 20th of the season. He is 7-4 with a 3.81 ERA and 103 strikeouts in 101 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the White Sox, when he tossed four innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Kaprielian’s team is 10-9 in his 19 starts.
- Kaprielian has had 19 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 10 of those outings.
- The Rangers have compiled a 45-79 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 36.3% of those games).
- Texas has played in 141 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-65-8).
- The Rangers have the No. 29 offense in baseball scoring 3.9 runs per game (554 total runs).
- Texas was the underdog on the moneyline in each of its last 10 games, and finished 6-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Hearn (5-4 with a 3.95 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 84 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rangers, his eighth of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Angels, the lefty went seven innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Hearn’s team has compiled a 4-3 record over his seven starts.
- Hearn has started seven games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in five of them.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!