Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Matt Olson leads the Oakland Athletics (77-64) into a contest against the Texas Rangers (51-89) after he picked up four hits in a 10-5 win over the Rangers. The Athletics are moneyline favorites (-191) against the Rangers (+162) in this outing, which starts at 4:07 PM ET on Saturday.
Oakland’s Cole Irvin starts against Texas’ Kolby Allard.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers in which the Rangers are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Athletics have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Athletics vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||93%||7%|
|% of Stake||12%||88%|
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 92 games this year and have walked away with the win 56 times (60.9%) in those games.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 65 of their 140 opportunities.
- The Athletics have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 641 (4.5 per game).
- In seven games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 5-2.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Athletics and their foes are 6-3-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Athletics will send Irvin (9-13) to make his 28th start of the season as he tries for his 10th win. He is 9-13 with a 4.10 ERA and 101 strikeouts in 151 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Blue Jays, the lefty went 2 1/3 innings, giving up seven earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Irvin’s team has a 13-14 record in his starts this season.
- Irvin’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 27 contests.
- The Rangers have a 44-79 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35.8% of those games).
- Texas has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times this season for a 67-65-8 record against the over/under.
- The Rangers have the No. 29 offense in baseball scoring 3.9 runs per game (546 total runs).
- Texas has a 6-4 record from the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rangers combined with their opponents to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Allard (3-12) gets the starting nod for the Rangers in his 18th start of the season. He’s put together a 5.00 ERA in 111 2/3 innings pitched, with 90 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the lefty tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Angels, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Allard’s team is 3-14 in his 17 starts.
- Allard’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in seven of 17 games.
Pick for Athletics vs. Rangers
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Rangers being favored to win over the Athletics.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.