Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The Texas Rangers (51-88) ride a four-game win streak into a home contest against the Oakland Athletics (76-64) on Friday at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics are favored (-182) to break the underdog Rangers’ (+157) streak.
Oakland has Paul Blackburn set to start, while Texas counters Glenn Otto.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Texas Rangers.
- The Athletics have won in 55, or 60.4%, of the 91 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 64 of their 139 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have scored 631 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 4-2.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Blackburn (0-2 with a 4.12 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 19 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Athletics, his fifth of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Blue Jays, when the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- Blackburn’s team has a 1-3 record over his four starts.
- Blackburn has had four starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and one of those games finished over the total.
- The Rangers are 44-78 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 36.1% of those games).
- Texas has played in 139 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 66 times (66-65-8).
- The Rangers are the second-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.9 runs per game (541 total).
- Texas has a 7-3 record from the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rangers combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rangers will look to Otto (0-0) to open the game and make his third start of the season.
- His last time out came on Saturday against the Angels, when the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- His team has lost both of the matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Otto’s two starts with a total this season finished 0-1-1 against the total.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!