Oakland Athletics vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
The Oakland Athletics (85-73) visit the Seattle Mariners (88-70) at 10:10 PM ET on Wednesday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Matt Olson has 38 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Athletics (-117), and Mitch Haniger ranks sixth in MLB play with 38 home runs this season for the underdog Mariners (-101).
Oakland’s Frankie Montas and Seattle’s Logan Gilbert will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Oakland Athletics vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Oakland Athletics and Seattle Mariners.
- The Athletics have been chosen as favorites in 106 games this year and have walked away with the win 62 times (58.5%) in those games.
- Oakland and their opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 157 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have scored 721 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Oakland has been favored in seven of its past 10 games and won two of those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Athletics and their foes are 3-7 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Montas makes the start for the Athletics, his 32nd of the season. He is 13-9 with a 3.48 ERA and 200 strikeouts over 181 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the righty threw seven innings against the Astros, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Montás’ team has a 17-14 record over his 31 starts.
- Montás has had 31 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 14 of those outings finished over the total.
- The Mariners have put together a 64-50 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 56.1% of those games).
- Seattle has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 79 times this season for a 79-72-7 record against the over/under.
- The Mariners score the 22nd-most runs in baseball (679 total, 4.3 per game).
- Seattle played six of its last 10 games as the moneyline underdog, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gilbert gets the start for the Mariners, his 24th of the season. He is 6-5 with a 4.83 ERA and 124 strikeouts in 113 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Angels, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In Gilbert’s 23 starts, his team is 15-8.
- Gilbert has started 23 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!